LH-RH Stimulation Test
Pituitary stimulation with gonadoliberin or LH-RH. Measures pituitary stocks of FSH, LH and the gonadotropin alpha sub-unit.
LH-RH (Stimu-LH®, 50 μg vials), Laboratoires Ferring SAS.
- Adults : 100 μg.
- Children: 100 μg/m2 body surface area (do not exceed 100 μg).
In pre-menopausal women, this challenge is usually performed in the follicular phase, between d2 and d5 of the cycle.
- Sample (dry or EDTA tubes) at T-15 and T0.
- Intravenous injection of the correct dose of LH-RH.
- Samples (dry or EDTA tubes) T+15, T+30, T+60 and T+120 min after the injection of LH-RH.
This LH-RH test could be performed in conjunction with:
- A TRH test,
- An insulin hypoglycaemia test (in which case it should be performed in the morning because the subject must always be fasting) with or without an arginine test.